The Malaysian Car Of The Year 2018 Award Goes to…
…the Peugeot 3008!
The Peugeot 3008 has collected prizes by the bucketloads and now has added another by winning the Malaysia Automotive Institute (MAI) Car of the Year 2018 Award.
Datuk Samson Anand George, who is the CEO for Naza Corp Holdings automotive division, said, ”It is a great honour for Peugeot Malaysia to receive this coveted award as it stands as a testament to the Peugeot 3008 SUV’s enduring popularity.”
The SUV has won more than 60 international awards and accolades so far and has sold 430,000 units worldwide to date.
The 3008 scored a hattrick by earning “Good Design Award” and “Compact Crossover of the Year” as well.
“Thanks to its inspired styling, comfort and advanced safety features complemented with the intuitive technology of the Peugeot i-Cockpit, the Peugeot 3008 SUV remains an outstanding choice in the SUV segment and most definitely a highly sought-after one in the market,” Samson added.
It is the third Peugeot to earn the title of Car of the Year. The Peugeot 308 Turbo and Peugeot RCZ won Car of the Year at the NST-Maybank Car of the Year awards in 2009 and 2011, respectively.
Here are the winners of other categories:
- Entry Level Car of the Year – Perodua Myvi 1.5
- Hot Hatch of the Year – Volkswagen Golf GTi Mk7.5
- Pick-up Truck of the Year (Twin Cab) – Ford Ranger 2.2 WildTrak
- Compact Crossover of the Year – Peugeot 3008 Active
- Mid-size Crossover of the Year – Mazda CX-5 2.2 GLS SkyActiv-D 2WD
- Premium Crossover of the Year – Mercedes-Benz GLC 200
- MPV of the Year (Below RM200,000) – Kia Grand Carnival 2.2D SX
- MPV of the Year (Above RM200,000) – Toyota Alphard 3.5
- Entry Level SUV of the Year – Subaru XV 2.0i-P AWD
- Mid-size SUV of the Year – Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 4WD
- Mid-size Premium SUV of the Year – Volvo XC60 T8 Inscription
- Premium SUV of the Year – Mercedes-AMG GLC 43
- Executive Sedan of the Year – Mercedes-Benz C 200 AMG Line
- Premium Executive Sedan of the Year (Above RM300,000) – Mercedes-AMG C 43
- Limousine of the Year – Mercedes-Benz S 450 L AMG Line