Want To Own A Luxury Car? Dream Or Move!
Guest contributor, EUGYNE, has advice for his fellow Malaysians who aspire to own one of these beautiful cars…
Do you know which are the most expensive cars in Malaysia and how much they cost? Here are some on the list:
1. Aston Martin DBS V12 at MYR2,200,000
2. Bentley Mulsanne 6.75 V8 at MYR2,800,000
3. Bentley Continental Supersports Convertible 6.0 W12 at MYR2,438,000
4. Bentley Continental Supersports Couple 6.0 W12 at MYR2,288,000
5. Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano 6.0 F1 at MYR2,328,888
6. Ferrari Berlinetta 6.3 V12 at MYR3,200,000
7. Ferrari FF 6.3 V12 at MYR2,800,000
8. Ferrari 458 Italia 4.5 V8 at MYR2,000,000
9. Lamborghini Roadster 6.5 V12 LP 700-4 at MYR3,000,000
10. Lamborghini Aventador V12 LP 700-4 at MYR2,800,000
11. Rolls Royce Ghost 6.6 V12 at MYR2,100,000
Prices extracted from: http://www.livelifedrive.com/malaysia/new-cars/pricelist
To own a Ferrari Berlinetta that costs RM3,200,000, a down payment of MYR1,280,000 (40% of the selling price) is required, and the monthly installment would be about MYR30,000 to 35,000 for a loan tenure of seven years. Wow! Your monthly salary needs to be at least MYR100,000 to afford that (and not forgetting saving up for the down payment prior to purchasing it).
As an employee in Malaysia, there is no way that you can earn that high a salary, as statistics show that the highest wage earned is still less than MYR50,000 per month:
Is there any other way to own a luxury car? Of course you can. Just be your own boss OR migrate from Malaysia. Since Malaysia is the Second Most Expensive Place To Buy A Car, you can consider moving to USA or Europe where you can easily purchase the cars listed above at at least 60% cheaper compared to Malaysia.
Neither option suits you? No worries, you can still daydream about the marvelous machines pictured above and have a happy day!
images: ridelust.com,bentleymotors.com, auto.ferrari.com, lamborghini.com, rolls-roycemotorcars-kl.my