Porsche 911 GT2 RS – the Most Powerful and Fastest 911 Ever – Launched in Malaysia
The personification of the Porsche brand is the 911. It is the scintillating standard-bearer that has stood the test of time. With its design and ever-increasing refinement in engine capacity and interior, it has given birth to a cult-like following that many other manufacturers envy.
This year, Porsche celebrates its 70th year of existence – the very first car Porsche revealed seven decades ago was the Porsche 356 “No.1” Roadster.
The automaker is celebrating its anniversary with numerous activities around the world, uniting customers and employees, fans and enthusiasts.
Arnt Bayer, Chief Executive Officer of Sime Darby Auto Performance.
In conjunction with the festivities, Porsche in Malaysia (Sime Darby Auto Performance Sdn Bhd) has just revealed the most powerful and fastest 911 ever built, which set a new record for road-approved sports cars on the 20.6-kilometre Nürburgring Nordschleife at 6 minutes, 47.3 seconds.
The 3.8-litre biturbo flat six engine produces a whopping 700hp and 750 Nm of torque, which it sends to its rear wheels via a customised seven-speed double-clutch transmission (PDK). With a weight of only 1470kg, it does the 0-100 km/h dash in 2.8 seconds. That’s faster than the time it takes for you to read this sentence!
Isn’t this a sight to behold?
Inside, you will find the passenger compartment sheathed in red Alcantara and black leather. Its sports steering wheel, with gearshift paddles, enables quick and sporty gear changes. The gorgeous full bucket seats have a carbon-weave finish.
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) is the central control unit for audio, navigation and communication. The optional Chrono Package expands the PCM functions to include performance display, which can be used to display, save and evaluate track times. Setting blistering lap times is sure gonna be fun.
Here are some highlights:
- the new cooling system delivers optimum cooling at peak loads and at very high temperatures, sprays the charge-air cooler with water.
- the exhaust system is made from extra-lightweight titanium.
- newly developed, independent exhaust system with titanium rear silencer.
- racing chassis with rear-axle steering and Ultra High Performance (UHP) tyres.
- Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB).
- front wings, wheel housing vents, outer shells on the Sport Design exterior mirrors, air intakes on the rear side sections and parts of the rear end made from carbon-fibre reinforced plastic (CFR).
- bonnet made from carbon.
- standard trim roof made from magnesium.
The Weissach ‘race-ready’ package.
Beautiful red Alcantara, black leather.
Enthusiasts can opt for the Weissach package which:
- reduces the weight of the car by around 30kg.
- has roof and anti-roll bars made of carbon.
- has coupling rods on both axles.
- has Magnesium wheels.
And for the first time ever, a Porsche Design 911 GT2 RS Chronograph watch is exclusively available to owners of the new vehicle and can be ordered at the Porsche Centre.
The calibre 01.200 includes a flyback function, a load-path-optimised movement bridge and an official COSC certificate of authenticity. The timepiece housing is made of lightweight titanium. The vehicle and watch are produced individually, according to customers’ preferences and will be delivered together.
Retail base price for the new 911 GT2 RS starts from RM2,900,000, (approx. USD717,000.00) which includes a four-year warranty. The stated price includes all applicable duties, except registration fee, road tax and insurance
For every Porsche fan, this IS the ultimate track weapon. Here’s a vid to entice you: