Philippine President Duterte At It Again – Crushing Luxury Vehicles Worth US$5.5 Million

Image credit – www.independent.co.uk

Earlier this year, we reported that Philippine President, Rodrigo Duterte, is at war against luxury vehicles to send a clear message to people who are attempting to smuggle cars into the republic without paying the correct or, in some cases, any customs duty. (Read also: Little Crushed Corvette As Duterte Gets The ‘Dozers Out.)

The metal-crushing exercise has continued with the latest fleet of luxury cars and motorcycles being crushed by a bulldozer! The public display was done at Port Irene in Sta. Ana, Cagayan.

68 luxury cars and eight superbikes reported to be worth 296 million pesos (US$5.5 million) paid the price. It was part of a haul of 800 illegally imported vehicles into the country, said a government press statement.

Image credit – https://pcoo.gov.ph/

For us petrolheads, it IS gut-wrenching to watch when you see models by Lamborghini, Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, Ford, BMW and Nissan, among others, get squashed.

Duterte stressed the importance of peace and order in order for a community to become progressive.

“You know, before a place can really be developed or a viable place to do business, you have to establish first law and order,” he said

Here’s the video, IF you can bear watching it:

  • salvador leong
    August 24, 2018 - 3:26 pm

    It will bring lesson to those car smugler who does not pay the right tax the president action are impressive! dew to all law breakers and there’s no exemption above the law.

    0Vote Up0Vote Down
  • Norman
    August 30, 2018 - 7:47 pm

    excellent points altogether, you simply won a new reader.
    What could you recommend in regards to your put up that
    you made some days ago? Any positive?

    0Vote Up0Vote Down

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *